Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Indoor Gardening


For several months now William has been wanting to plant some flowers, and I have been excited about the idea. It would be nice to have some flowers around our apartment door. Last week for William's preschool we planted a few seeds and made mini greenhouses. We planted mostly herbs this time around, but plan on planting flowers soon as well. Hopefully in a couple of months I'll have some lovely flower pots to show.


These little pellets of peat moss made planting the seeds so easy!




We added lots of water. Notice the cool watering can? I got that at McDonald's in the 80s. Yes, I kept it. I'm a sentimental packrat.




The pellets soaked up a lot of water. We then pulled the netting aside and planted our seeds.




William was excited to put the flag labels in the dirt.



Our seeds sitting in their tiny greenhouses in our usually sunny windows.




It snowed the day we planted our seeds! I thought spring was already here, but winter came back for one last afternoon.

5 comments:

  1. You will have so much fun watching your seedlings grow!

    I am looking forward to seeing the results

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I can't wait to see the flowers as they grow! I love the watering can! :) Seriously, it came in handy! I'm so impressed that you can FIND the things you've kept when you need them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Rachel! Thanks for your decorating advice on my blog! I'll let y'all know what I do with the ugly now green magazine rack!!

    I love your blog! The seedlings should do well! Good luck on them! I read a few earlier posts, and love your idea about the extra food in the dining room! Pretty clever, Mama!!

    Enjoy this day, my friend!!
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are starting some of our seeds today. I hope we didn't get too many! I'll post photos sooner or later. You seem to have a good window for them. I'd love to see some photos when they grow!
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...